Who Are We?
Lions meet the needs of your local communities and the world. With over 1.3 million men and women in over 206 countries and geographic areas we conduct vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more. Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
- We are members of the world’s largest and most active service club organization.
- We believe that by working together we will accomplish far more than would be possible as individuals.
- We are committed to solving worldwide health and social problems, and who realize that solutions are possible when every Lions Club participates.
- We are people who cherish the fellowship of our own Clubs, but also feel a close kinship with Lions in over 206 countries throughout the world.
- We are individuals dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in our Clubs – and in our personal lives.
- We are people who are serious about our commitment to humanitarian service, but have fun along the way.
We cover all costs from our own dues, ensuring that all donated funds go to the causes. Transparency and accountability operate at every level; in fact, The Financial Times has ranked Lions Clubs International Foundation the “best among non-government organizations worldwide with which to work”.
We are proud that our organization is close to 100 years old, and that it has a distinguished history of doing good works for the world. Local communities respect and trust our clubs, both because our clubs are made up of neighbours and friends who have a long record of support, and because of the Lions Clubs International name and legacy.
We have fun in our clubs. And when we meet fellow Lions for the first time, we treat them like old friends.
When you join Lions, you join a global service network. So at the same time you’re helping your own community locally, you can also contribute to Lions community efforts in other countries.