WE HAVE VISION
To be the global leader in community and humanitarian service.
AND A MISSION
To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
WE LIVE WITH PURPOSE
- To Organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
- To Coordinate the activities and standardize the administration of Lions clubs.
- To Create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To Promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To Take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To Unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To Encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
- To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
WE SERVE WHERE WE LIVE
We are ready whenever and however our communities need us.
WE ARE GLOBAL
We are committed to providing resources wherever we are needed in the world.
WE GIVE 100%
We cover all administrative costs from our own dues, ensuring that all donated funds go to the causes. Transparency and accountability operate at every level; in fact, The Financial Times has ranked Lions Clubs International Foundation the "best among non-government organizations worldwide with which to work."
WE DO IT OURSELVES
We do whatever is necessary to help our local communities and our global network. We are proud to be more than a "check writing" organization. Whether that means raising money or rolling up our sleeves, we do it all on our time.
WE ARE RICH IN HERITAGE AND PRIDE
We are proud that our organization is close to a century old, and that it has a distinguished history of doing good works for the world. Local communities respect and trust their clubs, both because those clubs are made up of neighbors and friends who have a long record of support, and because of the Lions Clubs International name and legacy.
WE ARE IN GOOD COMPANY
We have fun in our clubs. And when we meet fellow Lions for the first time, we treat them like old friends.
WE ARE OPEN
We are kind and generous people who want to help.
WE ARE DEDICATED TO SIGHT - AND MORE
Since Helen Keller in 1925 challenged the Lions to be "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness," Lions clubs around the world have fulfilled the mission of addressing vision health and promoting research for solutions to vision diseases. Today, Lions clubs work on global initiatives for youth, health, disaster relief and others that affect local communities everywhere.
WE ARE LIONS - WON'T YOU JOIN US